Kudos to BILD (The Building Industry and Land Development Association) GTA, which has created an innovative interactive website called BUILDINGANSWERS.CA. The association invites people to ask questions about the building and land development industry in the Greater Toronto Area – and with the amount of construction going on, there are surely questions. BILD’s commitment is to answer honestly, factually and openly.
The website has many frequently asked questions already answered, such as:
- Why does the price of homes in the GTA keep rising?
- What role do land developers and home builders play in housing prices?
- What are housing prices going to do in the long term?
- How do parks and public spaces benefit from new housing and developments?
- What makes up the cost of a new home or condominium?
- How does new housing and development support public infrastructure?
- How does the economy benefit from new housing?
- Why are developers building so many condominiums instead of houses?
- How do housing and condominium developments get approved?
These are just some of the questions that are answered on the website. According to BILD, “Our goal is to provide you with accurate information on how the building and land development industry is working with residents, communities and the governments to build a livable GTA for all.” Remember, that’s BUILDINGANSWERS.CA